Sunday, February 7, 2010

Campus food

Since January I have been trying my best to eat healthy food and stay away from fatty foods. Well, I have come to realize Stockton College has the worst food available. Honestly, my community college had better food than Stockton. It is pretty sad that students are forced to eat this junk especially the students who live on campus. I go to school Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. I am a commuter student thank god, there for I am able to eat food other than the nasty food Stockton has to offer. My day will start off with a healthy breakfast such as low fat yogurt, fruit or low calorie cereal. My day starts at 9:55 am, and I go to class straight through until 3:25. Therefore, I can barely eat a normal meal for 5 and a half hours. I normally bring a fiber bar to eat in class. Sometimes I stop to get a fruit cup to eat the 10 minutes in between my classes, only located in B wing, and sometimes they don't always have them. The problem is, when a teacher lets us out early or a class is canceled I will spend my time visiting the cafeteria. Normally I will walk in, browse around and then leave, because the food they offer is disgusting. From greasy fried foods, to sodium filled chinese food. There happens to be a salad bar that I tried the other day and I spend 8 dollars on a little salad which I was furious about because it was the most disgusting salad I ate in my life. They don't have fresh vegetables, they kind of look brown and dyed out. The salad dressings are extremely fattening, and only offer one low fat dressing, the chopped chicken is so nasty and fatty and not taken care of. Everything is sloppy and always dirty looking. So the next time I went to the cafeteria, I went to the sub shop hoping to have some better luck, well I found out they don't offer whole wheat. Of course not, why would they want to serve healthy food at a college where everyone is known to gain the freshman 15, 20 or even 30 pounds. I am completely grossed out by this campus food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment