Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chocolate overload

I figured since my diet and work out sessions were going very well, I figured a little chocolate couldn't hurt for good old Valentines Day. Well, I was clearly wrong. After a long day of non stop chocolate eating I'm paying the price for it this week. I haven't lost a pound, in fact I gained 3 even though I have been going to the gym. It just goes to show you that if you stuff your face one whole day of sugar and fat it could ruin your week. My plan is to continue to eat healthy and have a few good consecutive workouts and start back up on my diet plans. It's ok if you screw up a little for a holiday or something of that sort, just keep your eyes on the prize. My prize is feeling confident and showing off my bikini bod in Las Vegas when I go in June. 
So besides my chocolate binge on Sunday, this week has been nothing but the gym and healthy foods. I started to break away from cardio and keep my heart rate at the fat burn level. By doing this, I am working out longer and burning calories slowly, but also building muscle so my metabolism can speed up. After about 45 minutes to an hour of doing machines, I will move to weights. I want to tone my muscles and start slowly building muscle. I normally do everything in one day because i' doing light weight. I will start off with doing my biceps, and triceps, 3 sets of 15 reps. Than after arms, I do legs. I start off with thighs, quads, than calves. After that I move to the floor where I do abs. I lay down on my back, and someone will stand with my head in-between there feet. Keeping my feet together and legs straight, I lift them up. Than the person helping me, will push my feet back towards the ground. Without letting your feet hit the floor you use your abdominal muscle to control your legs. This leaves you nice and sore, but it targets the lower abs, right where all that chocolate is sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment