Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Little bit of effort goes a long way

So as you read in my last blog, there are certain ways to burn fat in work outs. I do not read off the internet on ways to burn fat, or use diet pills to burn fat. I simply use personal experience and a little training help from employees at my gym. I work out everyday, normally 6 to 7 days a week. I used to run, run, and run, but I realized i've hit my peak of loosing weight so I had to switch it up a little. While I was running a trainer came up to me and asked why I was running so fast, and I replied because I want to burn calories and loose weight. Then he let me in on a little secret, if I was at a brisk pace I will burn the same amount of calories and my heart rate needs to slow down. There machines can tell you your heart rate, and you should keep your heart rate in a fat burn level, not cardio. Cardio is good if your trying to improve your lungs and heart, fat burn is for building muscle and loosing weight. The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism becomes. Running will make you loose the muscle and then you will find yourself "hitting your peak." So your daily work out could be a brisk walk at a low impact. Keep your heart rate between a 120 and 140. The longer you keep your heart rate at that level you will burn more fat and loose more calories. Other low impact machines you can do is the Elliptical. I normally switch it up, a quick 10 minute run to get my heart rate up and do a little bit of cardio, take it down to a walk for 20 minutes, and then possibly a 15 minute run on the elliptical. Green tea will speed up your metabolism also, so I like to have a few cups of green iced tea before I work out. Working out in the morning is best for you because you will burn calories for the rest of the day, but if you cant get to the gym in the morning, it is ok just get there for a quick walk, or when the weather gets nice, take the dogs for a walk around the block. Get that heart rate up and start burning those calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment