Sunday, February 28, 2010

Work and eat right

I know, it is hard when you go to school full time and work full time to eat a healthy meal. Lately I have been focusing on what to eat outside of the house. As we all know Stockton isn't the healthiest place to eat, but have you ever left campus to check out what type of food is available. I left campus in-between my big breaks last semester and ventured to the mall not even five minutes away. They have a pretty decent salad joint in the food court. If you don't have time to go check out your surroundings in-between your classes than just make something and bring it from home. Make some chicken on the good old George Formann and toss it in a salad and bring some salad dressing, and voila! Your not only saving money, but your eating good too. I normally like to chop up some fruit and bring it to class because it can last a few hours. Now for those who work in the food and restaurant business, I know it's so hard to eat right. I always bring out food to customers, you know that juicy hamburger or that hot dripping cheese quesadilla, but I learned a small trick to help these cravings from attacking. One way my friends and I have learned to deal with this problem is too never let your self get to that point of starvation. Always fill up on healthy food, and drink lots of fluids so your full. Once your full you won't even want to think about food. I normally eat a hug salad before work or at work this way I won't want to eat the bad foods that I deliver to people. If you work in a place where you have to order your food, make sure to order something healthy from that pizza place next door. Hey, a chicken caesar salad isn't bad compared to 3 greasy slices of pizza. Either that, or make something and bring it to work, such as a whole wheat tuna sandwich. Don't make excuses, it IS possible to eat healthy during your hectic school/work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment