Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Change up your workouts

It is important to switch up your workouts. If you continue to do the same thing over and over again it gets repetitive and your body starts to get use to that specific workout. For instance I ran for two months straight every day at the same speed. I started to plateau with my workouts, therefore I switched to starting my workouts off with the elliptical and doing more time on the elliptical. I cut back on weights for a little so I can focus on fat burn. Yesterday at the gym I did 50 minutes between the elliptical and some other weird stepping machine, both low resistance machines.. good for fat burning and muscle growth. Lately I have been trying to incorporate healthy yet normal meals back into my diet. I feel that my leg muscles have been most improved, I feel they are stronger than they used to be. I wish I could spend more time at the gym but due to my schedule it is impossible. Tomorrow I will focus more on weights and strengthening machines. I have been stuck at my weight for two weeks now, which is why I needed to start using different machines. I need to focus on better foods now because everyday I have been slacking and cheating a little more and more. I still have my daily morning yogurt and fruit cup, and living off grilled chicken still, but I don't think a chicken burrito really counts as a diet meal, woops. Tomorrow will be a better day for my meal choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment